BIO & CREDENTIALS
About Dr. Kelly Brogan
Kelly Brogan, M.D. is a holistic psychiatrist, author of the NY Times Bestselling book, A Mind of Your Own, Own Your Self, the children’s book, A Time For Rain, and co-editor of the landmark textbook, Integrative Therapies for Depression. She is the founder of the online healing program Vital Mind Reset, and the membership community, Vital Life Project. She completed her psychiatric training and fellowship at NYU Medical Center after graduating from Cornell University Medical College, and has a B.S. from M.I.T. in Systems Neuroscience. She is specialized in a root-cause resolution approach to psychiatric syndromes and symptoms.
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Board Certification (Dr. Brogan chose not to renew her board certification which expired on 12/31/19.)
- Integrative Holistic Medicine, ABIHM (The specialty recognition identified herein has been received from a private organization not affiliated with or recognized by the Florida Board of Medicine.)
- NYU School of Medicine, Faculty, Clinical Instructor; Fellowship in Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry (through 2009)
- NYU School of Medicine, Resident in Psychiatry; NYU Reproductive Psychiatry Program (2008)
- KRI Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training Certification (2015)
- Cornell University Medical College, NY, Doctor of Medicine
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MA, BS in Brain and Cognitive Science/Systems Neuroscience
- . 2020 Jul 8;12(7). Efficacy of a Multimodal Online Lifestyle Intervention for Depressive Symptoms and Quality of Life in Individuals With a History of Major Depressive Disorder. Cereus
- Integrative Therapies for Depression: Redefining Models for Assessment, Treatment and Prevention, edited by and with contributions from Dr. James Greenblatt and Dr. Kelly Brogan
- Kelly Brogan, MD; Alyssa Jarvi, PhD; Shelby Anderson, BS; Sarah Kalen Flynn, MD. Clinical Remission of Treatment-Resistant Depression, Polysubstance Abuse, and Antidepressant Discontinuation Syndrome Through Engagement of Lifestyle Interventions. ADVANCES, FALL 2020, VOL. 34, NO. 4: (4-12).
- Kelly Brogan, MD; Alyssa Jarvi, PhD; Hannah Klopf, OMS-II; Tiffany Turner, NMD. Healing of Dissociative Identity Disorder, Borderline Personality Traits, and Bipolar Disorder Through Lifestyle Interventions: A Case Report. ADVANCES, SUMMER 2020, VOL. 34, NO. 3: (4-10).
- Kelly Brogan, MD; Alyssa Jarvi, PhD; Hannah Klopf, OMS-II; Tiffany Turner, NMD. Schizophrenia Symptom Alleviation Through Implementation of a Lifestyle Intervention Program. ADVANCES, SPRING 2020, VOL. 34, NO. 2: (24-29).
- Kelly Brogan, MD; Alyssa Siefert, PhD; Emily Whitson, BA; Leiah Kirsh; Virginia Sweetan, ND. Psychotropic Drug Withdrawal and Holistic Tapering Strategies: A Case Series. ADVANCES, FALL 2019, VOL. 33, NO. 4: (4-16).
- Kelly Brogan, MD; Gisela Marcelino, Christina Pedro, Alyssa Siefert, PhD. Healing of Graves’ Disease Thorough Lifestyle Changes: A Case Report. ADVANCES, SPRING 2019, VOL. 33, NO. 2: (4-11).
- Catherine Clarke SRN, SCM, MSSCH, MBChA; Jan Evans, MCSP Grad Dip Phys; Kelly Brogan, MD. Treatment Emergent Violence To Self And Others; A Literature Review of Neuropsychiatric Adverse Reactions For Antidepressant And Neuroleptic Psychiatric Drugs And General Medications. ADVANCES, SPRING 2019, VOL. 33, NO. 1: (4-21).
- Kelly Brogan, MD; Alyssa Siefert, PhD. Successful Discontinuation of Chronic Polypsychotropic Regimen and Resolution of Withdrawal Syndrome Through Nutrition and Lifestyle Interventions: A Case Report. ADVANCES, SUMMER 2019, VOL. 33, NO. 3: (22-30).
- Brogan K. Remote Healing of Bipolar Disorder, Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Fibromyalgia, and Irritable Bowel Syndrome Through Lifestyle Change. Adv Mind Body Med. 2017 Fall;31(4):4-9.
- Brogan K. Resolution of Refractory Bipolar Disorder With Psychotic Features and Suicidality Through Lifestyle Interventions: A Case Report. Adv Mind Body Med. 2017 Spring;31(2):4-11.
- Brogan K. Psychobiology of Vaccination Effects: Bidirectional Relevance of Depression. Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine. 2015; 21(3): 18-26.
- Brogan K. The Role of the Microbiome in Mental Health: A Psychoneuroimmunologic Perspective. Alternative and Complementary Therapies. 2015; 21(2): 61-67.
- Taylor Z and Brogan K. Anxiety: Inflammatory Origins and Natural Treatments. Price-Pottenger Journal. 2014; 38(3): 13-19.
- Brogan K. Complements and Alternatives to Psychopharmacology in Pregnancy. Psychopharmacology and Pregnancy – Treatment Efficacy, Risks, and Guidelines. Galbally, Snellen, & Lewis. 2014.
- Brogan K. Nutrition During Pregnancy. ICAN Clarion. 2014; 31: 5-6.
- Brogan K. Fire in the mind: The depression-inflammation connection. The Carlat Report: Psychiatry. 2013; November; 11 (11).
- Brogan K. Putting theory into preliminary practice: Neuroinflammatory models of postpartum depression. OA Alternative Medicine 2013 May 01;1(2):12.
- Brogan K. Perinatal depression and anxiety: beyond psychopharmacology. Psychiatr Clin North Am. 2013 Mar;36(1):183-8
- Brogan K., Lux J. Management of Common Psychiatric Conditions in the HIV+ Population. Current HIV/AIDS Reports. 2009 May; 6(2).
- Brogan K., Bernstein C. Review of Medical Psychiatry: The Quick Reference. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. 2008 October; 69(10): 1665.
- Brogan K. Pregnant and Mentally Ill: Protecting Mother and Child (Letter to the Editor). Current Psychiatry. April 2008.
- Hurria A., Panageas K., Brogan K., et al. Effect of Creatinine Clearance on Patterns of Toxicity in Breast Cancer Patients Age 65 and Older Receiving Adjuvant Chemotherapy. Drugs and Aging. 2005;22(9):785-91.
- Hurria A., Brogan K., et al. Change in Cycle 1 to Cycle 2 Haematological Counts Predicts Toxicity in Older Patients with Breast Cancer Receiving Adjuvant Chemotherapy. Drugs and Aging. 2005;22(8):709-15.
- Hurria A., Brogan K., et al. Patterns of Toxicity in Older Patients with Breast Cancer Receiving Adjuvant Chemotherapy. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2005 Jul;92(2):151-6.
- Altemus M., Brogan K. Women and Anxiety Disorders: Implications for Diagnosis and Treatment. Pregnancy and Postpartum. CNS Spectrums, Symposium Monograph Supplement. 2004 Sep 9 (9): 10-11.
- Brogan K. James. JAMA. 2003 Sep 3;290(9):1221-2.
- Hurria A., Brogan K., et al. Toxicity to Adjuvant Chemotherapy in Breast Cancer Patients Age 65 and Older. International Conference of Geriatric Oncology: Cancer in the Elderly. September, 2001. (Abstract).