[Podcast] Episode 10. Uncovering the Truth About Anxiety, Depression & Meds
In this episode, Kelly debunks common myths about medications and discusses the importance of reclaiming personal power to create the right conditions for healing. She highlights the dangers of antidepressants, the active placebo effect, and how medications can perpetuate the very problems they purport to solve. Kelly also explores the link between mental illness and medication-induced impulsive violence around suicide and homicide. Topics covered in this episode include the role of victim consciousness in perpetuating the healthcare system, the metabolization of medications, and the epidemics of mental illness that medications can induce. Kelly encourages listeners to reframe anxiety and depression as a way to explore their lives, and to make conscious choices to create the right conditions for healing.
Today on Reclamation Radio:
- The myths surrounding medications and mental health
- Reframing anxiety and depression as a means of exploration
- The power of conscious lifestyle choices in healing
- Examining the harm caused by medications
- The impulsive violence induced by medications
- Metabolizing medications in a way that intoxicates us
- Referenced book: Anatomy of an Epidemic
Connect with Kelly:
- Instagram: @kellybroganmd
- Website: kellybroganmd.com
- Book: A Mind of Your Own
- Kelly's 44-day online healing program, Vital Mind Reset
- Checkout the Vital Life Project here
This show is produced by Soulfire Productions
Want to continue reading?
Enter your details below to read more and receive updates via email.